Altibase is Deployed for Data Management Platform for Airport Traffic Control
NEW YORK, April 1, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — Altibase announces that Korea Airports Corporation (KAC) has adopted Altibase for its big data platform harnessing various IoT technologies.
KAC carries out construction, management and operation of airports and manages and controls airport traffic. It manages and operates total of 14 airports in Korea.
KAC has long been looking for databases for its big data platform to utilize cutting-edge IoT technologies to improve the efficacy of collecting and analyzing of data such as passenger and airport flow. However, KAC’s legacy DBMSs failed to meet its requirements:
- KAC is inundated with a huge amount of data influx from its 14 airports. The legacy DBMSs did not meet the throughput requirement, a minimum of 100,000 transactions per second in storing and manipulating formal data. As a result, the whole system often fell into arrears.
- Even mere seconds of database downtime cannot be tolerated with KAC, which could lead to fatal casualties, not to mention lost revenues and reputation. Consequently, an extremely high level of stability is required of its DBMSs.
- The new DBMS should be compatible and interoperable with other core systems of Hadoop and the platform as well.
KAC conducted a number of BMTs and eventually chose Altibase over Oracle.
- Altibase’s 19 years’ accumulated knowhow in the field of MES and experience in storage and analysis of big data gained high scores.
- Altibase’s in-memory capabilities allow for high throughput and low latency, particularly high processing performance of big data.
- High performance was a requisite in the use of UI/UX.
- KAC’s zero tolerance of database downtime was met by Altibase.
As a result, KAC is now able to collect and analyze big data (i.e. flight status and passenger flow) in real time, to anticipate airport congestion, improve passenger convenience and to more efficiently operate airport resources. Moreover, with cooperation with mobile service providers, KAC has added new passenger services by providing the shortest routes from their departing points to their airports to avoid heavy traffic.
After nearly 20 years as a closed-source database, Altibase is now open source, and that includes its state-of-the-art scale-out technology, sharding.
For more information and download, please visit: http://188.8.131.52
Company Name: Altibase Corp.
Address: 40 Wall Street, 28th Floor
City: New York
State: New York
Country: United States
Media Contact: Paul Nahm
631 708 4749
SOURCE Altibase Corp