Yes. Many of our clients employ architectures utilizing Altibase for improved performance while simultaneously using Oracle as the primary data store. Altibase provides OraAdapter, which is essentially a database link that allows modified data in Altibase to be sent directly into an Oracle database. For use cases where replacement of all Oracle databases is not feasible, this method provides the optimal balance of performance, cost savings and implementation simplicity.
Following case studies include related stories.
- Real Time Rating System – SK Telecom : Data integration between Altibase and Oracle was achieved by using Altibase’s OraAdapter tool.
- Online Trading System – Daewoo Securities : Combine Altibase in-memory database and Oracle’s on-disk DBMS
- Manufacturing Execution System and Process Control System – POSCO : OraAdapter tool is integrated data between Oracle and Altibase
- Hot data: frequently accessed data
- Cold data: historical/infrequently accessed data
Altibase Can Exchange Data with Oracle without Any Restraints
- Table-based parallel replication enables fine grained data exchange among several databases.
- Asynchronous and synchronous modes are available.
Altibase Adapter for Oracle
- Altibase Adapter for Oracle is a utility that enables modified data in Altibase to be applied to Oracle’s databases.
- It minimizes system resources by capturing log files.