Altibase can scale vertically and horizontally without any issues. Altibase can automatically account for the additions of new RAM and faster processors. In doing so, there will be an immediate performance increase. Altibase also can scale out horizontally via table partitioning, replication, and other tools.
Altibase’s products are designed for optimal vertical scalability. A key feature is Altibase’s ability to auto-extend in-memory tables.
Horizontal Scaling via Sharding
- Altibase sharding has a database server side sharding architecture.
- Applications don’t need to change anything.
- Applications only need to know the IP and port of the meta DB of Altibase sharding.
- Altibase sharding is fast.
- A shard connection gives execution order of a distributed query directly to a shard node without any intervening middleware.
- Altibase sharding support SQL standard.
- distributed query
- non-distributed query