With Altibase, you can reap the benefits of both low costs of open source DBMSs and peace of mind and accountability of legacy DBMSs.
Altibase Helps Clients Save Money Quickly
- License costs are reduced immediately as Altibase is open source.
- Its open source version includes Altibase’s cutting-edge scale-out technology, sharding.
- Its subscription fees are flexible and competitive.
- Altibase’s hybrid architecture eliminates the need to purchase an in-memory database and an on-disk database separately .
- DBA costs are reduced through Altibase’s compatibility with industry standard programming languages, drivers and interfaces.
- Data management strategies are future-proofed immediately by eliminating the need to upgrade database software.
Cost reduction in Hardware
- Altibase reduces hardware costs as Altibase with its in-memory capabilities allows for better performance on equivalent servers and hardware than disk-resident databases.
- Altibase reduces CPU load by 3 to 5 times on average, even 20 times in extreme cases. Fewer servers mean less power consumption, maintenance expenditures, points of failure and future sunk costs.
- With Altibase’s sharding, you can optimize and economize on your scaling-related expenditures instead of spending a huge sum on H/W addition and upgrade such as expensive servers.
- With Altibase’s sharding, you can add as many commodity/cheap servers as necessary without experiencing coordinator-related performance degradation.
- It is easy and cost effective to adopt Altibase’s sharding as it does not require any changes to your existing applications if your systems are built on relational databases.
- Altibase’s migration process uses less labor and requires less time than its competitors. By eliminating the additional cost required to combine dual engines (in-memory + on-disk), enterprises start saving immediately.
- Altibase has a quality assurance process that prevents errors and data duplication.
- No reliance on expensive 3rd party solutions, which translates into cost savings.
- Automated tools ensure accuracy for expeditious data migration. The process takes about one day per TB of data. If your system can handle parallel processing, the migration can handle about 4 TB per day.
Altibase – Downloading is Believing.