Altibase utilized as a persistent in-memory cache which eliminates common issues associated with commercial caching solutions.
Following case studies include related stories.
- Global Cloud Authentication Service – Samsung Electronics : Altibase is used instead of Oracle Coherence.
- Yield Management System – Samsung Electronics : Altibase volatile memory table is used for parametric statistics task of YMS.
Caching is a good strategy to use when specific query results need to be returned quickly. However, using this method does not give full flexibility for increasing performance amongst all data and operations:
- Caching is only useful for common read operations; any DML (INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE) that is executed will run at low, disk-based speeds. Altibase stores all data in-memory, so any query that is run on the data will perform at cached speeds, including DML.
- Unlike many commercial caching solutions, Altibase does not lose data when shut down or restarted. Altibase adheres to full, real time ACID compliance that guarantee data durability. Altibase’s persistent cache is a default setting, and can recover all data without issue.
- Since Altibase combines an in-memory database and an on-disk database in a single unified database, strict durability is possible and so is complete data durability.
- Altibase provides MOVE technology, allowing DBAs to decide which sets of data should be high-speed and which are designated for long-term storage.
- Altibase is a single database solution that meets all needs in any use case. With persistent in-memory and on-disk in a single database, flexibility and data integrity are a given. With Altibase, there is no need to purchase a caching solution.
Representative Use Cases That Can Take Advantage of Altibase’s Persistent Cache Solution?
Any business that needs high performance can take advantage of it instantly:
- Risk Management
- Fraud Detection
- Security Intelligence
- Supply Chain Tracking
- Telecom/Media Revenue Leakage
- Service Delivery
- Online Gaming
- Inventory Forecasting
- Transportation Operation Management
- Real time Analytics
- Profitability Analysis
- Global Web Commerce
- Sales Incentive Promotions Management