UWAY uses Altibase to handle the geometric rise in online enrollments, which provided UWAY with the ability to handle 600,000 user sessions.
Use Case: University Entrance Application System
Current Customers: UWAY
UWAY is a leader in online application processing for many of top universities in South Korea.
UWAY had problems with its online application system. Its legacy DBMS was not fast, reliable or consistent.
- During the application period, UWAY’s legacy DBMS could not cope with the workload.
- Concurrent logon attempts were stressing the system. This led to disconnections, login failures and system downtime.
- UWAY was in urgent need of a fail-safe remedy for its prevalent system issues that hurt profitability and damaged its reputation.
- Stemming from an overstressed legacy DBMS, its TCO was inordinately high.
UWAY uses Altibase to service applicants with stable performance and reliable HA during heavy application period.
- Altibase’s in-memory feature has drastically boosted performance speed.
- UWAY provides uninterrupted service during high demand and peak application periods.
- Altibase allows UWAY instant availability of all data needed during heavy application periods.
- Altibase’s hybrid architecture (in-memory and on-disk) has allowed all historical and current account information to be rapidly accessed and processed on an “as needed” basis.
- With significantly lower TCO, UWAY was given the budgetary room to expand with 4 additional servers, leading to business expansion in multiple areas of the company.
 Processing speeds increased by 4 times.
Altibase – Downloading is Believing.