UWAY chose Altibase to handle the geometric rise in online enrollments, which provided UWAY with the ability to handle 600,000 user sessions.
Use Case: University Entrance Application System
Current Customers: UWAY
UWAY is a leader in online application processing for many of top universities in South Korea.
UWAY had problems with its online application system. Its legacy DBMS was not fast, reliable or consistent.
- During the application period, UWAY’s legacy DBMS could not cope with the workload.
- Concurrent logon attempts were stressing the system. This led to disconnections, login failures and system downtime.
- UWAY was in urgent need of a fail-safe remedy for its prevalent system issues that hurt profitability and damaged its reputation.
- Stemming from an overstressed legacy DBMS, its TCO was inordinately high.
Altibase’s hybrid architecture with replication features allowed UWAY to service applicants with stable performance and reliable HA during heavy application period.
- Altibase’s in-memory feature has drastically boosted performance speed.
- UWAY provides uninterrupted service during high demand and peak application periods.
- Altibase allows UWAY instant availability of all data needed during heavy application periods.
- Altibase’s hybrid architecture (in-memory and on-disk) has allowed all historical and current account information to be rapidly accessed and processed on an “as needed” basis.
- With significantly lower TCO, UWAY was given the budgetary room to expand with 4 additional servers, leading to business expansion in multiple areas of the company.
 Processing speeds increased by 4 times.
Altibase – Downloading is Believing.