MEZMO adopts Altibase as its core database for Telecommunication Replay Service (TRS) that enables phone calls to hearing-impaired people by showing the voice of the other party by letter.
Use Case: Telecommunication Relay Service
Current Customers: MEZMO
MEZMO, headquartered in the US, is a communication service provider that has been approved by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) as a TRS provider for the deaf in the United States and operates its solution, InnoCaption.
MEZMO had found MySQL inadequate in meeting its database needs. It experienced performance deterioration as the number of subscribers increased and more services were added. Information on subscribers, billing status and log was not updated in as real time as it wanted. From time to time, the process had to be handled manually in batch mode. In addition, product instability, mediocre performance scaling and heavy dependence on various addons of MySQL were often a cause for concern.
- The company needed a database that could update and process its data without performance degradation.
- It wanted to solve its performance degradation issues with minimal investment in hardware addition or upgrade.
- It needed a database to which it could easily migrate data objects from MySQL. NoSQL databases were not under its consideration as they would pose problems in interoperating with other systems that the company built on relational databases.
- It needed a database that could be easily adoptable in Amazon cloud environment.
MEZMO adopted Altibase in 2014. Since then, Altibase has served the company as a core database that provides both performance and reliability.
- MEZMO has been able to avoid performance degradation even when more subscribers and services are added.
- Data processing and updating is now executed at a fraction of the cost that could have incurred with hardware addition for equal performance.
- Altibase’s hybrid architecture is utilized to store frequently used, recent data in memory and less frequently used, historical data on disk.
- The migration was easy and straightforward between relational databases, MySQL and Altibase.
- MEZMO currently updates its system to analyze big data using Altibase in light of the performance and reliability Altibase has provided in the past 3 years.
Altibase – Downloading is Believing.