KOSCOM chose Altibase because Altibase was able to provide both extraordinary performance and seamless reliability.
Use Case: Financial Information System
Current Customers: KOSCOM
KOSCOM is a Korean financial IT solution company launched by the Ministry of Finance and the Korea Stock Exchange. Since its foundation, KOSCOM, as a professional financial IT solution firm, has led the development of the Korea securities and futures market by providing various IT infrastructures.
KOSCOM was developing a financial information system and required a reliable in-memory DBMS solution; however, there were very few database management systems that could meet the stringent requirements:
- Its minimum performance requirement was 80,000 TPS, but KOSCOM’s expectation was that the chosen in-memory DBMS should be much faster than a typical in-memory DBMS.
- KOSCOM sought an in-memory DBMS with the Direct Attach (DA) feature to minimize communication costs between the DBMS and application.
- Minimal to no downtime was a necessity for any failures.
Since 2014, KOSCOM has adopted Altibase in in-memory mode because of the performance, DA feature and reliability it displayed during the infrastructure development.
Thanks to Altibase, KOSCOM is now able to handle more than 120,000 TPS.
- Altibase has proved to be clear of downtime during various strenuous tests.
- Altibase’s reliability has assured KOSCOM of uninterrupted service.
Altibase – Downloading is Believing.