Samsung Electronics adopts Altibase for UDSF in its 5G telecommunications equipment.
Use Case: 5G Telecommunications Equipment
Current Customers: Samsung Electronics
Samsung Electronics is a global leader in manufacturing various electronic products ranging from semiconductors and home appliances to smartphones. Samsung Electronics also competes in the global telecommunications equipment market. Its competitors include Ericsson, Nokia and Huawei.
As a world leading telecommunications equipment manufacturer, Samsung Electronics needed a database that could meet the following requirements:
- UDSF (Unstructured Data Storage Network Function) is a core function of 5G network which requires a database guaranteeing the highest level of stability with no service disruption/delay even in microseconds.
- The database should be capable of processing 1.6 million TPS per node and should be free of inter-transaction interference/conflict in handling transactions that contain multiple queries.
- Consequently, the databases should be able to provide ultra-high data processing speed on ultra-low latency.
Samsung Electronics adopted Altibase for its 5G telecommunications equipment in 2018 for the following reasons:
- Altibase provides over 100,000 transactions per second and response rates measured in microseconds.
- Altibase’s sharding provides auto scale-out so that data nodes can be extended and reduced without any service disruption.
- Altibase’s replication enables real time duplication between remote data centers and non-disruptive services through standby servers even in the event of system failures.
- Since 2002, Altibase has been embedded in various network equipment of Samsung Electronics and has successfully met its demands.
- Altibase is free of any IP infringement so that Samsung Electronics would not be subject to any IP-related litigation and financial risks. As a global company, Samsung Electronics is extremely sensitive to using IP infringement free software.
- UDSF is designed to be configured in a cloud-based manner in a virtualized network environment. This requires flexible and cost effective extensions, and Altibase’s sharding proves to be a perfect fit in meeting the requirement.
- Altibase has met the minimum requirement of 1.6 million transactions per second.
- Samsung Electronics experiences virtually nil latency.
- Samsung Electronics finds Altibase easy to adopt and administrate through its industry standard programming language, drivers and interfaces.
- Samsung Electronics runs almost all of its mission critical applications on relational databases, and it is not necessary to make any changes to its existing systems when it scales out with Altibase.
Altibase – Downloading is Believing.